We look forward to welcoming you to the Manchester International School (MIS). Our Admissions process reflects our values of respect, opportunity and achievement and is designed to ensure the smoothest possible transition for your kid. Our aim is to make the admissions process a seamless, straightforward experience.
• Applicants from all education systems, nationalities and backgrounds will be considered.
• Applications from internationally mobile families will be considered throughout the year for all year groups.
We are here to help, so if you have any questions please contact the Admissions Department on +91 9244 64 4446, via email [email protected] or visit us at www.manchesters.in
Step 1: Please visit our school to meet our admission team or please go to the school website at www.manchesters.in to submit an application. Applications are considered in chronological order of receipt. Each applicant is reviewed individually and independently.
Step 2 :Prospective students will need to submit all required forms and documents online and pay a non-refundable application Fee in order to be considered for admission.
Step 3: Once the required forms and documents have been submitted and the Application Fee has been received, the application will be reviewed, an aptitude test will be conducted and a personal interview will be held (via video-conferencing for other nationalities).
Step 4: Once a place is offered, you will be asked to confirm your acceptance of the place by submitting the online student FNOA (Final Notice of Acceptance). You will then receive an invoice for the payment of Enrollment and Tuition fees. Prior to your child starting they may be invited to attend an Orientation Day, if they are due to start at the beginning of a term, or an enrolment meeting, should they start school mid-term.
International students (all foreign nationalities), who will be travelling through a student pass/visa will have to submit a copy of the visa page. After will be registers with the FRRO (Foreigners Regional Registration Office) within 14 days of arrival as per immigration rules.
If a place is not available at the time you wish to join, your child’s application will be added on the waitlist and you will be notified as soon as a place is anticipated. Please notify the Admissions Department of any changes of address or other contact details or if your circumstances change.
MIS aims to welcome all family members into our community. As such, our first admissions priority is given to families with siblings. Acceptance into grade levels with very limited places will be reserved for children with a sibling or multiple siblings already enrolled at MIS or with applications submitted. Siblings will also be given first priority on the wait list in their grade level. A discount on the Enrollment of the sibling is also available as per the school’s policy.
For the welfare of all students, the school must be informed of any known allergies and other medical conditions. Before attending school, it is mandatory for students aged 12 years and below to submit their immunization records and students aged above 12 years a medical certificate will have to be submitted.
For new families, tuition fees are prorated by month if the student begins their course after the commencement of academic semester. Please note that proration is only applicable to tuition fees.
English as an Additional Language / Intensive Language Course
The school offers additional educational support in English for eligible students for whom English is not their primary language. The school will determine on a case- by-case basis if English as an Additional Language (EAL) or Intensive Language Course (ILC) support is required as a condition of continued enrolment.
- Montessori in Early Years Programme - Age 3 to 6
- International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme - IB PYP
- International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme - IB MYP
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme - IB DP
The following items are required at the time of application and are all needed before an application can be reviewed:
- Completed and signed Application Form
- Application Fee per child
- Recommendation letter (if applicable)
- Photocopy of applicant’s ID Proof (Passport for foreign nationals or AADHAR Card for Indian nationals)
- Photocopy of visa permit page.
- Photocopy of applicant’s birth certificate
- Copy of official transcripts certificated/ migration certificate to be submitted (should be in English and certified).
- Copy of report cards for the past two consecutive years (should be in English and certified).
- Copy of immunization record/medical certificate