PYP EXHIBITION – A VIRTUAL REALITY!
Post Date:Mon 05 Apr 2021
Nothing has deterred our Grade 5 PYP graduates from learning; steadfast, resolute and determined they kept together throughout their journey in PYP. Students engaged in a collaborative, transdisciplinary inquiry process that involved them in identifying, investigating and offering solutions to United Nation Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDG). Sustainability Literacy was the theme for this year (2020-2021) that went well with the current pandemic situation.
We were honoured by the esteemed presence of Padma Shri Dr S. P. Varma, recipient of one of the highest Indian civil award and honorary doctorate (D Litt) by De Montfort University. The students chose the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals(UN SDG) to take action.
The students did an exemplary job by presenting their research topics in all its depth and breadth, yet there was an inordinate amount of commitment and confidence. Virtual Reality (VR) gallery walks was the highlight; the learners used apps like Emaze and Artsteps for their final presentation. Some of the wonderful student-initiated actions include:
• Designing solar cooker to promote green energy
• Anti-corruption team created awareness during this time of election through flyers
• Composed poems to conserve biodiversity
• Used various artforms to spread awareness on marine life sustainability
• Fundraising and donation to needy
• Created employment opportunities for people under poverty line
• Designed DIY water filter
• Educated children who stopped going to school during the pandemic
• Created a game to help people destress
• Designed and donated birdfeeders to neighbours