“Our Manchester International School Early Childhood community is a language-rich and kind environment where active participation and meaningful learning go hand-in-hand with fun and friendship”
Our Kindergarten / Early years Curriculum - Developing a Love for Learning
Our Early Years Programme is designed to meet the needs of young learners from the age 2.6 and above. In a safe and caring environment, our dedicated educators ensure that our youngest become happy and confident learners who succeed in gradually entering the realm of letters and numbers.
The Montessori curriculum is designed for preschool and kindergarten students focusing on Play Based Learning and cognitive development, this is the time when children use their bodies, senses, and emerging problem-solving skills to learn about and make sense of their world in the ways most meaningful and effective for them. Dr. Maria Montessori was one of the first educators to recognize that the first few years of a child’s life are critical to the development of personality and intellect. Through scientific observations, she determined children learn best at their own pace and given the choice of activities.
On the other hand, the focus of IB is on the natural development of children as well as the close relationships that they share with their environment. The IB curriculum is Integrated, Differentiated and Trans-disciplinary and accentuates the interconnected learning that occurs when children are exposed to real-life situations in the classroom, home, school, and their community. It caters to each and every individuals special learning abilities targeting their multiple intelligence.
Pre K.G: 2.5 to 3.5 years
Our Pre Kindergarten program helps children broaden their base information, form concepts, acquire foundation skills and positive attitudes to learning, and begin to develop their abilities and talents in a wide range of areas.
Lower-KG: 3.5: 4.5 Years
Our Lower Early Years is not only the foundation for a happy and successful school career, in this year the children also develop many social, personal and emotional skills like interacting with other children, sharing toys, expressing their feelings in an appropriate way, waiting for their turn or becoming more independent when dressing and eating. The curriculum focuses on Reading and Language, Writing, Understanding of the World, Confidence and Public Speaking, Self Expression, Science and Technology, Mathematics, and Logic and Reasoning. The learning is imparted through the inquiry methodology and is interacted and play based where students explore and think critically.
Upper-KG 4.5 to 5.5 years
At M- Kids we believe in a holistic approach that caters for each child’s learning needs. At this stage the focus is on the development of concepts, competencies and character. Character development is equally important to the development of competencies and conceptual understanding. Our UKG program focuses on guided inquiry, collaboration and communication as approaches to teaching and learning. Learning is defined as the process that leads to demonstrable consolidation or extension of conceptual understanding, competencies or character. This program focuses on four fundamental development areas – Cognition, Language and Communication; Personal, Social and Emotional development; Creativity and Imagination; and Physical Development.
Our learning methodology focuses on three main educational approaches Integrated, Differentiated and Trans-disciplinary Learning Through Inquiry, Learning Through Play, Integrated, Differentiated and Trans-disciplinary learning Students grab ideas efficiently and effectively and maintain their attention in school when they have an educational program that is integrated – one that compels them to connect their learning to their own lives and the world around them, and that helps them see how knowledge and skills in one area are relevant and related to the other. Our Kindergarten experience accentuates the interconnected and trans-disciplinary learning that occurs when children are exposed to real-life situations and differentiated activities in the classroom, home, school, and their community- catering to each and every individuals special learning abilities targeting their multiple intelligence.
Learning through Inquiry
Almost all young children are naturally inquisitive and ask many questions about things that holds their attention. Our program capitalizes on this natural eagerness to learn and absorb information.
Young children are given plenty of opportunities to manipulate materials, to observe, listen, investigate, experiment, and ask questions, as well as draw conclusions. Our teacher’s help children make real life connections between what they already know and what they are discovering and learning.
Learning through Play
From birth, play is the way children inquire and learn about the world around them. Play based learning looks at the importance of time, space, materials and relationships in inquiry. It has been long acknowledged that there is a strong connection between play and learning for young children. Play, therefore, has a legitimate and important role to play in Kindergarten and can be used to further children’s learning in all areas of our educational program.
Using play, M- Kids provides opportunities for learning in a context in which children are at their most receptive. During play with others and with materials and equipment in their environment, children become immersed in activities through which they learn about themselves and explore their world
Montessori for early years
About Dr. Maria Montessori
Dr. Maria Montessori was born in Chiraville, Italy on 31st August 1870. In 1896 Madame Montessori became the very first female to graduate from the College of Rome Medical School then she joined the staff of the University Psychiatric Clinic. She was additionally the initial Lady Physician to Graduate in those times. Being called for to supervise youngsters that were special. she came to be persuaded that these kids could learn if offered the appropriate tools. She examined the job of Jean Itard as well as Eduardo Sequin-Pioneers in material based researches for the deferred youngsters and also started to design such tools for them.
As supervisor of the State Orthopedic School in 1889, she prepared training products, made notes and observed them for 2 years. She was so stunned at how much these children might learn that she chose to devote her energies to education and learning. She returned to University of Rome to examine ideology, psychology and also anthropology.
In 1907 a team of building Engineers requested Madame Montessori to help manage the kids of the labors to ensure that the parents might go to work in peace as well as this led to "Casa- De- Bambini" i.e. "House Of Children". She supplied these children specifically made materials and also was delighted with their reaction to the sensorial materials, the child-sized furniture and eagerness to discover. In response to the demands she educated reading as well as writing. She made sandpaper letters for them to map when they uncovered the relationship of letters, appears, writing and words to reading; they end up being a lot more ecstatic regarding learning.
Maria Montessori travelled right to India as well as was extremely touched by the intimacy of the Mom as well as kid connection in Indian Culture. She educated instructors as well as sustained the advancement of Montessori schools in numerous areas. From after that her concepts have actually played an important function in youngster's advancement in instructional area as well as today her theories have endured the examination of time as existing study remain to confirm a lot of the principles as well as suggestions launched by this visionary leader.
Montessori Method at Manchester International School
At Manchester International School all the rules of the Montessori are followed and we are certified by The International Montessori Council. The Montessori approach respects the inherent drive in each kid that guides him/her to intuitively grab just what he or she needs most to discover at that given moment. Maria Montessori uncovered that if enabled to indulge this sensitive period, the kid finds out with higher excitement and also thoroughness. This distinct attribute of the Montessori school could not be overemphasized where by each child is provided the freedom to pick his tasks as ideal benefits his/her natural curiosity as well as representing the special needs of his or her sensitive period of internal development.
The special art of the grownups is to respect each youngster's unique path of discovering as well as growth, at the exact same time inspiring them to take on adequate products and also tasks that will supply the rich experiences essential to form a balanced individual
Benefits of Montessori Education
- Montessori education supplies our children chances to create their potential as they step out right into the world as involved, experienced, responsible, as well as respectful residents with an understanding and recognition that knowing is for life.
- Each child is valued as unique person. Montessori education and learning recognizes that youngsters find out in different methods, as well as accommodates all discovering designs. Students are additionally cost-free to find out at their own pace, each advancing through the educational program as he is ready, directed by the teacher as well as a customized knowing plan.
- Beginning at an early age, Montessori trainees establish order, coordination, concentration, as well as independence. Classroom layout, products, as well as daily routines support the individual's arising "self-regulation" (ability to enlighten one's self, and also to think about what one is finding out), kids with adolescents.
- Pupils are part of a close, caring community. The multi-age classroom-- generally covering 3 years-- re-creates a household framework. Older pupils take pleasure in stature as mentors as well as good example; younger kids feel sustained as well as get confidence regarding the difficulties ahead. Teachers design respect, loving generosity, and an idea in calm problem resolution.
- Montessori students enjoy liberty within limits. Working within parameters established by their teachers, pupils are active individuals in determining exactly what their focus of learning will be. Montessorians comprehend that inner fulfillment drives the child's curiosity and also interest and also results in wondrous knowing that is sustainable over a lifetime.
- Students are supported in ending up being active seekers of understanding. Educators supply atmospheres where pupils have the flexibility as well as the devices to pursue response to their very own questions.
- Self-correction as well as self-assessment an essential part of the Montessori class method. As they develop, pupils discover how to look critically at their work, as well as end up being proficient at identifying, remedying, and also learning from their mistakes.
- Offered the flexibility as well as assistance to question, to probe deeply, and to earn connections, Montessori students end up being confident, enthusiastic, self-directed students. They are able to believe seriously, job collaboratively, and also act frankly-- an ability for the 21st century.
M- Kids Approach
A look at the M- Kids Approach M- Kids values each child as strong, capable and resilient; rich with wonder and knowledge. Our approach to teaching young children puts the natural development of children as well as the close relationships that they share with their environment at the center of its philosophy.
Our Kindergarten program helps children broaden their base information, form concepts, acquire foundation skills and positive attitudes to learning, and begin to develop their abilities and talents in a wide range of areas. For more details please visit : https://mkids.org/
You may wish to download our App to keep up-to-date with our latest news and calendar dates, view our videos and photographs, read our prospectus, as well as other useful School information.