Engineering Entrance Exams
- JEE Main : JEE Main is National level entrance exam conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education after class XII for admission to Engineering programs at NITs, IIITs and centrally funded technical institutions like IIST, and is also the eligibility test for JEE Advanced. Earlier it was known as AIEEE.
- JEE Advanced: JEE (Advanced) is conducted by the IITs and only candidates who qualify the JEE Mains are admissible to take the test. Admission to the qualifying students is granted to all undergraduate Engineering and other science programs offered at 16 IITs in India and ISM Dhanbad. There are two papers of 3 hours each. The question papers will be bilingual (in English and Hindi). Each of the question papers will consist of three separate sections on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- BITSAT: Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test is administered to Class XII students for admission to the engineering degree courses at the BITS campuses in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad. BITSAT is computer based online entrance exam for admission to BITS Pilani Engineering, Pharmacy, Information Systems and other courses. Notifications are out in the month of December and online tests are held in the month of May through June.
- VITEEE: Vellore Institute of Technology conducts the Engineering Entrance Test (VITEEE) for admission of students to its various B Tech Degree programs. Online applications are available from December and the test is held in March.
Architecture Entrance Tests
- NATA - National Aptitude Test in an architecture entrance exam for admission to B Arch courses in India in Government and Government aided and un-aided colleges of Architecture. NATA can be given at any designated test centers, at least 6 working days prior to the cut-off date for applying in the preferred colleges. NATA applications forms are available in the month of March and one can take the exam on any working day from March to Aug.
Medical Entrance Tests
- NEET - National Eligibility-cum- Entrance Exam for Under Graduate (NEET- UG): NEET –UG is an All India level single entrance- cum- eligibility test for admission in MBBS/BDS courses after class 12th science. It is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) that previously conducted all India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT).
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) Entrance Exam: Armed Forces Medical College Entrance exam is among the toughest entrance exams after 12th. This is 4 and half years, followed with internship of 1 year Medical course. After qualifying AFMC entrance exam students, it is compulsory for the students to serve as commissioned officer in medical services of defence forces minimum 7 years.
- AIIMS MBBS: Entrance Exam: The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) conducts an entrance exam after Class XII at National Level for admission to MBBS seats in AIIMS New Delhi and to the other six new AIIMS like institutions. AIIMS conducts entrance exam for available number of seats in the MBBS course in Delhi and other AIIMS like institutions.
- JIPMER MBBS Entrance Test: This medical entrance exam is conducted by Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) for admission to MBBS course in its institute. There are a total of 150 seats for admission into the same. Duration of the course is 4 years and 6 months as per the academic calendar of JIPMER followed by 1 year of compulsory rotatory internship.
- Christian Medical College MBBS entrance exam: The Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore and Ludhiana, conduct separate entrance test for admission to its MBBS, BDS and other medical courses.
- AIPVT: The All India Pre-Veterinary Test (AIPVT) is an entrance exam conducted after Class XII for admission to five years B. Vsc and AH courses in India. The exam is held to fill up 15 per cent of total number of seats in Government Veterinary colleges except in the state of Jammu & Kashmir.
Defence and Marine:
- National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA) Exams: An all India level entrance exam for those who wish to join any defence force and serve the nation. After qualifying the NDA and NA selected candidates can join Army, Air Force and Navy as per their passing percentage during the training period. Class 12th pass outs are eligible for this exam.
- Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test: An all India level entrance test for students seeking admission in Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) after class 12th with science background. The selected candidates are offered a BSc. (Nautical Science) degree.
- Indian Navy B.Tech Entry Scheme: This entrance test for class 12 students seeking admission in Indian Navy B.Tech course.
- Indian Navy Sailors Recruitment: Another recruitment test for class 12 students with subjects Maths and Physics/Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science who get basic training at INS Chilka, followed by professional training.
- Indian Army Technical Entry Scheme (TES): TES is conducted for those class 12th passout students who are from PCM background.
State/ other medical colleges Common Entrance Tests
- Manipal (MBBS) MU OET: All India Manipal University Online Entrance Test (MU-OET) is conducted for selecting students seeking admission in the MBBS course offered at KMC, Manipal and KMC, Mangalore. It’s a four and a half years plus one year of compulsory rotating internship course. It is recognised by the General Medical Council of Great Britain and the Malaysian Medical Council. The curriculum of the course includes both theory classes and clinical training according to MCI guidelines.
- MGIMS-PMT Wardha: Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences Pre Medical Test (MGIMS PMT), Wardha is an all India level medical entrance exam hosted by Kasturba Health Society for the candidates seeking admission in various health sciences courses including MBBS and BDS in Government Medical Colleges beneath MGIMS Wardha.
- BHU Medical: Banaras Hindu University Pre- medical test is conducted for selecting candidates seeking admission to MBBS/BDS course.
- Karnataka CET: The state of Karnataka conducts a common entrance test for admission to Professional Educational Institutions in the State for the academic year for Medical, Dental, Ayurveda, Homoeopathy, Unani, Naturopathy, Yoga, Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Agriculture, Forestry, Sericulture, Agri Biotech, Horticulture, Home Science, Veterinary Science, Animal Husbandry and many other courses.
- Kerala KEAM: The government of Kerala conducts a common entrance test, Kerala Engineering Agriculture Medical Entrance Examinations (KEAM), for admission to colleges in the state for admission to Medical, Agriculture, Veterinary, Fisheries, Engineering and Architecture Courses Admission.
- EAMCET- Andhra Pradesh: In the state of Andhra Pradesh, EAMCET (Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test) is conducted for admission to Medical and Engineering courses in various state colleges . This entrance exam after 12th is conducted by JNTU every year for admission to Engineering, Medical and Agriculture Courses.
- COMED-K: The Consortium of Medical Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (Comed-k), Bangalore, conducts an Undergraduate Entrance Test (UGET). It is conducted to determine the merit of students seeking admissions to the undergraduate courses in the Member Institutions of the Karnataka Professional Colleges Foundation Trust (KPCF). There are 14 Medical, 25 Dental and more than 150 engineering colleges who make available almost 20,000 seats for admission.
Hotel Management Entrance Exams
- NCHMCT JEE: The National council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology Joint regulates B.Sc Hospitality and Hotel Administration and other courses of study at 21 central IHM, 14 state government IHM and 15 private IHM affiliated with NCHMCT. For admission to courses offered at these institutes the council conducts Joint Entrance Test (JEE).
Law Entrance Exams
- CLAT: The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is conducted for admission to undergraduate and post graduate programmes at 14 National Law Universities. Each year a university out of these 14 takes the responsibility of conducting the entrance test. In 2014 CLAT was conducted by GNLU, Gandhinagar.
- CLAT is for 2 hours and covers questions on English, General Knowledge/ current affairs Numerical ability, Legal Aptitude and Logical reasoning.
- LSAT: The Law School Admission Test (LSAT) India is conducted for admission to Law programmes in participating colleges like Amity, UPES Dehradun, ITM Gurgaon, Faculty of Law Dehradun, RGSOIPL, for three year LLB at IIT Khargapur and others.
- All India Law Entrance Test (AILET): All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) is conducted for the selection of candidates seeking admission in B.A., LL.B. (Hons.)
Design Entrance Tests
- NIFT entrance test: National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) conducts the entrance test for admission to its bachelors program. For B Design it takes GAT and CAT and Situation test. For admission to B.F Tech, students have to appear in GAT test.
- NID: The National Institute of Design conducts Design Aptitude Test for admission to its UG programmes at all centres. The applications are closed in the month of November every year and the test is conducted in the month of January. The upper age limit for candidates is 20 years.
- All India Entrance Examination for Design (AIEED): All India Entrance Examination for Design (AIEED) is conducted for candidates who wish to take admission in 4 years undergraduate programmes in design after class 12th.
- Staff Selection Commission (SSC) Exam: The SSC exam is for those who want government jobs right after class 12th. If selected, one can join as lower division clerk in any of the various government ministries and departments, armed forces or railways.
- CPT for Chartered Accountancy: The Common Proficiency Test (CPT) 2014 is conducted by the Council of the Institute Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) which will lead to a person becoming a Chartered Accountant. ICAI will hold three levels of examinations; CPT (Common Proficiency Test), IPCC which is the Intermediate (Integrated Professional Competence) course and the final and three years of practical training under a practicing Chartered Accountant.
You may wish to download our App to keep up-to-date with our latest news and calendar dates, view our videos and photographs, read our prospectus, as well as other useful School information.