- Given the large number of students looking for education options overseas, more and more universities are seen wooing international students through their various programmes. As such, more students are sitting for entrance exams to study overseas. The experience of studying overseas has gone beyond just pursuing a career to something that influences your worldviews and instills an understanding of life beyond the boundaries of your country. Given that, study overseas entrance exams have become very popular among international students.
Over 6 million students are, currently, studying outside their home countries. Of course, before opting for educational opportunities outside you have to go through the rigorous process of selection; at the helm of which sits the Study overseas entrance exams- the gateway to your dream institutions. The popularity of the Study overseas entrance exams to courses abroad is reflected in the number of centres and help lines the exam conductors have set internationally. Studying abroad enlivens your possibilities by introducing you to new and worldly methods of understanding.
Gateway exams to your dream career and destination:
- SAT: SAT is an internationally recognised test that evaluates a candidate for college level admission in the United States. Its two types- Reasoning Test and Subjects Test evaluates how well test takers analyse and solve problems. However, the tests differ in terms of syllabus, test pattern and scoring process; and have separate practice sets to guide the candidates. Based mainly on high school subjects, SAT is offered six time internationally at various centres across the world. Although, an aspirant can register for the test as many times as possible within the purview of the allotted dates. An added bonus is that there is no eligibility criterion for SAT. However, since the test is taken for admissions in colleges, it is advisable for candidates to take the test when they are in junior or senior high school.
- LSAT: Administered by the LSAC, the Law School Admission Test (LSAT) is a standardised law entrance test taken for admission to law schools in the US, Canada and some other countries. Held four times a year at designated test centres across the world, the LSAT evaluates aspirants on skills that he/she will require in law schools. As such, the LSAT syllabus includes three main topics that are Analytical reasoning, Logical reasoning and reading comprehension. The pattern of the test allots 35 minutes to each topic; except logical reasoning, which gets 70 minutes for two sub-sections. You can check the LSAT sample paper for more insight into the pattern of the test. Usually, February, June, October and December are fixed for taking the LSAT exam. However, not all test dates are available at all the centres. Since, there are no specific eligibility criteria for taking LSAT, candidates are advised check the selection procedure for the law schools they would be applying to.
- GMAT: The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is a standardised management test used in the selection procedure of more than 1600 institutes across 82 countries. Conducted by GMAC, The test is used by business schools as a criterion for application into a wide range of management programs like MBA, Master of Accountancy, and Master of Finance programs. With test scores valid for upto 5 years. It is held all around the year at over 600 test centres across the globe. The GMAT syllabus consists of a wide range of topics divided in a pattern of four sections, namely, Analytical Writing Assessment, Integrated Reasoning, Quantitative, and Verbal. The computer adaptive test facilitates admission to more than 5,900 programs in different institutes.
IITJEE -The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India has notified following two changes in the IITJEE pattern from 2017:
1. There shall be no weightage for the 12th class marks in calculating the ranks in the IITJEE (Main) examination,
2. For the candidates to qualify for the admission in the IITs/NITs/IIITs and such other CFTIs whose admissions are based on the IITJEE (Advanced)/JEE(Main) ranks, they should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST students the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
The States of Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttrakhand, Nagaland, Odisha & some other institutions have joined JEE (Main) system, however, their admission criteria will be notified by the concerned authorities. Therefore, the candidates seeking admission to the institutions in these states, which were earlier admitting based on their State level examination, are also advised to fill in the JEE (Main)–2018 application form online. The Paper-1 (B. E./B. Tech.) of IITJEE (Main) will also be an eligibility test for the IITJEE (Advanced), which the candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs.
Since there is no weightage of class 12th marks in calculation of ranks in IITJEE (Main) - 2018, so, the roll number of class 12th is not verified this year by the however, the candidates have to show the marksheet of class 12th (regular/improvement) with 75% marks at the reporting centres at the time of counselling/admission in IITs/NITs/IIITs and other CFTIs.
NEET -As per regulations framed under the Indian Medical Council Act-1956 as amended in 2018 and the Dentists Act-1948 as amended in 2018, NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG), 2018 (NEET-UG-2018) will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), for admission to MBBS/BDS Courses in India in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
The NEET (UG), 2018 will be conducted on Sunday, the 6th May, 2018. The responsibility of the CBSE is limited to the conduct of the entrance examination, declaration of result and providing All India Rank to the Directorate General Health Services, Government of India for the conduct of counselling for 15% All India Quota Seats and for supplying the result to state/other Counselling Authorities.
You may wish to download our App to keep up-to-date with our latest news and calendar dates, view our videos and photographs, read our prospectus, as well as other useful School information.